With our PLNT 100% plant-based Rendang
1. Mix all ingredients for the bumbu (shallots, garlic, red pepper, ginger, dark brown sugar, Coriander, Cumin and turmeric) in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
2. Heat some sunflower oil in a large pan and fry the PLNT 100% plant-based Rendang on medium heat for 5 – 6 minutes. Turn regularly. Add the bumbu mixture and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Put the lemongrass, 250 ml coconut milk, kaffir lime and bay leaves in the pan. Bring to a boil. Let simmer for half an hour with the lid on the pan. Then let it simmer without the lid for another 45 minutes so that it thickens completely. Occasionally stir.
4. Grab another pan, and bring the rice to boil together with the coconut milk and water. With the lid on the pan, gently cook for 10 minutes. Take the lemongrass, kaffir lime and bay leaves from the pan and mix the grated coconut, lime zest and a pinch of salt through.
5. Serve the rice with the PLNT 100% plant-based Rendang, atjar, fresh coriander t taste and cassava prawn crackers.