With our PLNT 100% plant-based Teriyaki
1. Briefly toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan. Set aside.
2. Place the vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl and stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add the chopped vegetables and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
3. For the bao buns, mix the self-raising flour, salt, baking powder and milk. Stir with a spoon until firm. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead with some extra flour for 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 12 balls.
4. Roll out each ball on a floured surface to a length of approx. 12 centimetres and a width of 6 centimetres. Brush with some sesame oil and fold in half.
5. Bring some water to the boil and place a steamer basket above it. Cut 12 pieces of baking paper measuring 12 by 6 centimetres. Place as many bao buns as pieces of baking paper on the covered bottom.
6. Cover with a lid and steam the buns for 10 minutes. Repeat with the rest.
7. Fry the PLNT 100% plant-based Teriyaki in some sesame oil on medium heat for 5 – 6 minutes. Add the stir fry sauce in the last 2 minutes. Mix in the sesame seeds.
8. Divide the PLNT 100% plant-based Teriyaki, pickled vegetables, coriander and spring onions over the bao buns and serve immediately.