With the PLNT 100% Plant-based Pre-fried Bacon Bits
1. Finely chop the shallots and the garlic. Cut the carrots, leeks and mushrooms in larger chunks.
2. Remove the rosemary and the thyme leaves from the twigs and finely chop them.
3. Heat 50 g (plant0based) butter in a shallow pan and fry the onion and garlic until they’re golden brown.
4. Add the carrots, leek and mushrooms and fry for a couple of minutes.
5. Add 2 dinnerspoons of tomato paste, 200 ml water and the cube of vegetable stock.
6. Flavor the stew with the rosemary, thyme, salt en pepper and let it simmer on low heat.
7. Heat some (plant-based) butter in a shallow pan and bake the PLNT 100% plant-based Bacon Bits according to the instructions on the package.
8. Add the bacon bits to the stew. Meanwhile, prepare the mashed potatoes according to the instructions on the package.
9. Time to fill your plate! Start with the mashed potatoes, then the stew.
10. Garnish with some fresh rosemary, thyme and pepper.
This is a recipe by PLNT ambassador: